Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

It's a very story, but 3 years ago I allowed a friend of

Customer Question

It's a very long story, but 3 years ago I allowed a friend of mine to move into my basement and she said she would pay me $500/month. During these 3 years, she has paid a total of $6,030 with a balance of $11,695 (a time it was raised to 600/month since her daughter moved in, too). She is (hopefully) moving out on November 6. I have written her a notice and was wondering if you could look at it for me to make sure I am being legal. -Phyllis
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, nothing. All I have are her texts and emails of her date moving out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's become a hostile environment on her part.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Marc replied 1 month ago.

Hi Phyllis. My name is Marc. I am a licensed attorney and I will be happy to take a look at your notice and commend on it and your situation in general. Please respond by attaching the notice. And please provide any further info or questions you think might be pertinent. I look forward to assisting you.

Marc

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please credit my card the $31; I didn't realize I'd have to select a plan and no longer want to pursue this situation with you.
Expert:  Marc replied 1 month ago.

No problem. I'm don't believe you were charged for anything yet. But I'm notifying customer service of your request nonetheless.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

I am a different attorney and you do not need to purchase a membership. Please contact customer service and let me know if I can assist you with your question.

1-***-***-****