Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Local governments committing crimes by not stopping

Customer Question

Local governments committing crimes by not stopping andpreventing health problems from woodsmoke. States not stopping crimes by cities. EPA and DHHS not stopping crimes by states and cities. Willful blindness. Negligence. Houses, cities engulfed in unsafe and unhealthy wood smoke commonly by journalists andm people and government agencies. No safe level of tobacco and wood smoke. Monitoring and modeling of pm2.5 at houses next to burners not done generally but when it is the science is ignored and covered up and lied about. Class action legal matter. Lawyers will not stop the problem either except when victims pay for services by the hour. Boilers, stoves, pellet stoves, firepirs, meat smokers all creating consumer product issues for purchasers and their neighbors. Even average pm2.5 is a problem with ave pm3.5 at 50 mcg/m3, tice design level of ambienet pm2.5 measured by states env monitors. Wood smoke pm 5 times more toxix than mixed pm2.5 from monitoring. Whitehouse and congress not allowing EPA and Surgeon General Office to investigate, stop and prevent health problems at neighbors houses. How do we get help from the legal community? Entire legal profession is basically ignoring problem too. AG offices protecting Governors and state departments and not the general public. EDF, Earth Justice settled suit by allowing illegal pm2.5 conc and just reducing emissions per BACT. If BACT creates illegal pm2.5 conc then BACT is illegal. If new 2014 stoves are unsafe and unhealthy then old equipment is unsafe and unhealthy more so. No one stopping old equipment.London Fog type air pollution events occurring in Fair banks AK, Salt Lake City, UT, Maine Bays and lake areas.We need help finding lawyers. Legal Societies should be involved but are not. Can't collect money when suoing cities, so no lawyer will take on gov negligence cases. Failure of legal community too.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I'm in Maine but every state has this problem, big time.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. To city. To County. To State. To EPA. To DHHS. To Whitehouse. To congress. To EDF, Earth Justice, etc.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: EPA considers me an expert because of engineering degree, genius IQ, EPA experience and GOvernors commendations for work in this area but most lawyers would dismiss me as an expert.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, what is your question for us about this issue? Please understand that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How to stop and prevent the millions of cases involving illegal activity causing unsafe and unhealthy wood smoke. Local, state and federal government will not stop and prevent the health and safety and environmental problems caused by the dangerous heating equipment and the negligent designs and fraud with massive injuries, and health costs to the victims. No victims can get help anywhere without paying through the nose for it which they cannot afford. Environmental group lawyers are colluding with the hearth industry as well with apparent payoffs and compromises on the few cases threatened by the lawyers., IE, env group lawyers not suing to get safe pm2.5 concentrations at houses near burners and allowing best available control tech that is unsafe and thus illegal. The corruption is apparently every where from politicians receiving money to env group lawyers receiving money making a mockery out of the law.
Thank you for your reply.
If you cannot find a local environmental law attorney to take your case, you would have to represent yourself in court pro se. In order for you to file a suit though, you have to prove you personally have been harmed by the smoke to prove you have actual standing legally to bring a suit in court. If you cannot prove you have been personally damaged, then your only other avenue is to seek to find someone who has been harmed and get a local environmental law attorney to file the suit on their behalf. Alternatively, you would have to work through your US Senator or Congressmen to appear before Congress or Senate Environmental Committee to present your proof to them to seek their intervention.
Based on everything you have stated, those are really the only legal options you have. I know you say the environmental lawyers are in collusion, but I assure you not every one of them is in collusion or that would be the world's largest conspiracy. You should be able to get an environmental attorney involved if you can prove you suffer actual harm from this or if you bring them someone who has suffered actual provable harm as a plaintiff.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can't get a lawyer. Have looked for 8 years. Also, I have taken action to prevent harm and am seeking prevention of further harm and enforcement of the law by government as it is a huge environmental health issue. It is supposed to be done by DHHS policy derived from constitutional law. Lawyers seem only interested in collecting money from damages. I am trying to prevent my death and others. I helped model the pm at houses near burners and the danger was covered up and not stopped or prevented. No politician understands the science and the law is 50 years behind the new science. High constitutional law is therefor involved which requires the unsafe present laws be ammended. Many pictures of smoke have been taken and ave pm2.5 has been determined from new science approved by the EPA. The Inspector General says the entire Clean Aie Act is not protecting life, health and safety due to a new safe conc for wood smoke pm2.5 and there is no safe level of wood smoke per Surgeon General information. My daughter had an asthma attack in 2008 plus or minus but she is living on her own now. No lawyer referral site will help nor will you but I am waiting for possible help from Earth Justice in the future. But I had to make up a group of small environmental groups to get EDF to bring on EJ and the ALA. Millions need help !!!Though an engineer by education with a genius IQ, I am not registered and am on disabilty. If I sue, a lawyers letter at least would help. But no one wants to do anything.Travolta made a movie about the way lawyers work on environmental cases and their focus on money and compromising the law as a matter of course. A Civil Matter. Trump is alleging massive corruption with the entire Washington establishment. This is the kind of thing everyone is up against and Trump is not alone in making the allegations. McCain said the same. Clinton is exploiting loopholes in the law to essentially make millions in contributions for speaking fees that would be absurd for any other purpose. But that is not the objective of the legal action needed. What everyone wants is prevention of the problems and someone to champion the cause to get to tal to the senators and such you mentioned. Biden burns as do many other politicians. This has many ramifications including immnanebnt dangers to idividuals and millions as a class action. It has damages but no lawyer to develop the case. There is massive fraud like the tobacco company fraud and dangerous products. But Presidents will not allow the FHI to investigate nor the EPA CID or others. IT seems to prove what Jesus wrote is true. There is no none good, not one except those to whom the word or logos has come.Pro SE actions are difficult because of technicalities and illegal actions by judges are quite common too. We need lawyers to get lawyers.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, this site will not allow any attorney on this site to take cases as the state laws forbid it in exchange for allowing us to provide information to customers.
The issue sounds like one that a school with an environmental law clinic may be interested in, such as the Tulane University Environmental Law Center.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tulane has not been contacted but I will try it. The looking is getting exhausting and grueling after 7 years. I tried U Maine and U Vermont and no one understood the new science. Atty Patton of EDF seemed to understand but copped out after a settlement of $4 million for atty fees from the EPA. Of course, no victims saw any of this and scientists likme mne provided all the facts leading to the new NSPS stack stds. But they are still unsafe and no one seems to care about the old stoves and the existing problem. I think sometimes that the work will eventually lead to clean air after decades like the teachings of Jesus finally took effect after 200 years. But I worry God may not like my inability to get the proper thing done like Gore worries about his inability to stop climate change. What a thing to suddenly appear in ones back yard. I got an out door wood boiler law passed that was not perfect but gave me precedents to get an indoor wood boiler shut down. Then an old stove. Now it is 2 pellet stoves on either side of me and 20% on my street burning wood. And a fire pit and meat smoker. If I had not been able to get a high tech air cleaner made and marketed, I might be dead. But I got one made by the grace of God, I believe. The owner of the company was disabled by wood smoke in Switzerland so he could relate. The web site is really failing to help me and the 100 million affected by this. Tulane will probably brush me off like you are and everyone is. This is what caused the Lndon Fog Air Pollution Disaster though it was coal there. It is wood in Fairbanks, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and many, many other places world wide.
Thank you for your reply
You need a place with an environmental law clinic, so check all of the law schools to see which law schools have an environmental law clinic, the two schools you mentioned are not known for law schools so it is no surprise.
I am sorry, but these are really your only options.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What Law School do you work for or with? Could you advocate for their help? Sometimes it is not what you know but who you know. When I got the Governors legal advisor for natural resources on my side somehow, everything got easier for awhile till she was gone and or the Governor stepped in and did not follow her advice. It took a year working through a lawyers secretary and or aide before I got 1/2 hr with Atty Patton of EDF. She never did understand the science or the law either just the politics. But she got something done where I could not because of placement on an EPA advisory committee with Prof Larson, a BSCE like me. Sometimes an introduction is all that is necessary from a professional. It is a credibility matter or power matter.
Thank you for your reply.
It was disclosed to all customers at the very beginning of using this service and I did so again above, the attorneys on here cannot represent anyone and cannot make personal referrals, it is forbidden by state law. I cannot and will not violate those laws. Furthermore, the second reason we make no referrals as a blanket policy is that we want to remain unbiased in information we provide and as such we do not make referrals or arrange for representation of anyone at all. We are not taking sides, we say this to every customer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. Vermont Law School clinic is showing some interest this time around. I got to an actual lawyer and not a case intake worker. Seem to have found some words that get attention from a lawyer. Public interest is their concern. So maybe you did some good today.
Thank you for your reply.
The issue you have is a very technical one, so the law school law clinics are likely to be the only ones to have the manpower that does not cost them a fortune to dig into it.