Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

How can write a proper cause of action? California, I file

Customer Question

How can write a proper cause of action?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I file it already and the other side is requesting a demur (I know that I am not spelling that right).
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can you request an extension from the judge?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.

What type of case is this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How can I request an extension from a judge?

Which court is this in?

What do you want an extension for?

Have you asked opposing counsel for an extension of time?

I still need to know what type of case this is.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is in Napa, California, an extension for about another month, and this is a civil case.

What do you want an extension for?

Did you use a judicial council form complaint or did you write the complaint from scratch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need the extension for a demurrer, and I asked the defendants and they said that it wasn't there decision to make because it is also on the calendar for November 3. I have had several hardships this month including tumors and limited income. Is there a form that I could turn into the judge for a continuence?

There is a mandatory form to request an extension of time to file a pleading but it does not apply to filing an opposition to a demurrer.

Your County Law Library will have legal practice books with sample forms.

You would need to get a form from the library because I am not allowed to prepare docy=uments for you.

Is the case for breach of contract, damages for personal injuries, or something else?

Can you appear at the hearing on November 3? You do not have much time to ask for a continuance...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what can I do at this point? Is it over?

No it is not over.

Can you appear at the hearing on November 3?

It would be easier to help you if you answer my questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am going to appear by phone "court call." What should I do to get the judge to give me more time from a demurrer? This c!!!ase is about fraud, breach of contract, negligence, intentional wrong doing, failure to perform, libel, and slander. Please tell what I should do or say to an continuence from a demurrer. Please tell me. Please!!!

The court is not going to give you more time but it will almost certaily sustain the demurrer with leave to amend and you can ask for the court to give you leave to amend the complaint if it grants the demurrer.

You can politely apologize for not filing an opposition and explain that you have been too ill to do so.

I still need to ask if you used a judicial council form complaint or wrote a complaint from scratch.

It would help if I knew what the cited as the basis for the demurrer(s).

I spologize for the slow speed of my responses, I am having trouble with the web site right now.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't filled anything!!!

I understand you have not filed an opposition to the demurrer(s) but that is excusable if you were too ill to do so.

Please tell me if you used a judicial council form complaint or wrote a complaint from scratch.

Please briefly describe the facts that gave rise to the lawsuit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I didn't use a judicial counsel for or anything from scratch at all!!! That's what I'm trying to tell you! This was a school where the teacher didn't put out grades on time and I was a student returning after being on academic probation. The teacher put out the first of any grades ALL AT ONCE AFTER it was time to drop the class. I failed and got kicked out. It then goes from there. When I tried to do something about it, the lied criminal charges on me including criminal threats and harassment and I've never been in trouble with the law before in my life!!! I am 38 years old. I have multiple examples of how they did me wrong in their very own teacher's manual book which I will present if the chance is given. There is so much more to this case than that, but this is the basic jist. If I tried to tell you, I'd be typing all night long!!!

I have to step out, I will open this to the other Experts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am a different contributor and I will contact you by phone later this morning. Irwin