LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

IF A LANDLORD HAD A JUDGEMENT PLACED ON WRONG PERSON

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about this. In a situation like this, a motion to vacate the judgment would need to be filed with the court. In the motion, it would need to be explained to the Judge that a judgment was entered against the wrong person and it was supposed to be entered against a Jr., not Sr. As such, the judgment could always be amended as well, to reflect the proper party, assuming that Jr was served and placed on notice about this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but it still affects credit even if it says settled paid or anything else what recourse do I have.

They would also need to contact and advise the 3 major credit bureaus about this and that it was an error, so it could be removed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already done this but it still reflects very poor on my score
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
who is responsible for that

Yes but once you can present a court order, showing it was entered against the wrong person, it could change. it In addition, you can try and sue the plaintiff, for failing to perform their due diligence and enter it and sue the right person.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!