Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I recently trade in a car a 2015 civic lx for a 2015 ex In 2

Customer Question

I recently trade in a car a 2015 civic lx for a 2015 ex In 2 days I realized I did not fit properly in the car witch I did not notice n the test drive when i returned to see if I would be able to just get my trade back they said I could not get it because the bank was handling it I ended up with a car that was a 2015 but it has alot more miles on it than my trade is there any way I can get my trade back I did have a 7 year extended warranty on it that I paid for ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, in the absence of a provision to the contrary in the contract, there is no general legal obligation that a car dealer cancel a transaction after the buyer pays for a car and takes it off the lot.

In other words, it is your car now.

That is not to say the dealer can not agree to an exchange or a new sale, but it is a NEW transaction, not a continuation of the original.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.