Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a new employee at a university. Im experiencing

Customer Question

I am a new employee at a university. Im experiencing harassment from my supervisor. This is a new experience for me. I discussed this with the president of the u. Which is appropriate for this. He didn't seem to take me seriously. He tried to smooth things over. That was last Tuesday. Yesterday I received an email saying that there will be a meeting on Monday between myself, the president, and my supervisor. I nervous. If that meeting doesn't go well, do I have any legal recourse?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just my initial complaint
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im on a phone. But per compuet, I could provide documents supporting my claim of harassment.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. In order to assist you properly I will need a bit more information. First, are you in a union or do you have tenure? Next, when you say "harassment" what sort of conduct are you referring to specifically? Is there any reason that you can think of that your supervisor might be targeting you versus targeting someone else? In other words, what do you think makes you different in their eyes? I will be away from my computer for most of the morning, but will respond to your reply as soon as I am available.