Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

History was: My Iphone without prompting/intent loaded up

Customer Question

History was:
My Iphone without prompting/intent loaded up with a prize game wheel. I activated the game wheel and “won” a major prize of I think $US 5K (could be $3K my ST memory not good).
I phone a Sydney Australia number that was answered in the US (reported Florida). I was extremely cautious with the initial exchange and spoke to several people including one man who said he was a resort employee and that the promotion was genuine etc. I made several enquiries about the genuineness of the deal. I was shown web sites while on line.
At the end of it all I was reasonably confident that it was a genuine deal. I proceed to confirmation and in the process was told it was a one off deal that could only be exchanged with an alternate holiday marketed by the group. I had to pay up front. The conversation recorded.Below:
1 – emails received from Exploria resorts
2 – my cancellation email sent invoking the cancellation clause (in yellow below) after noting adverse mention on a google search and looking at Consumer Affairs site that describes like schemes (this one not specifically mentioned) but almost verbatim.
3 – are the links that have raised my concern – the 1st two prior the cancellation I sent. The US Consumer Affairs 3rd link after.
Without going to details I have had 3-4 conversations with the vendor all except the last one received initiated by me. On last Thursday a lady Deloris phoned me. All plea innocence and that they are genuine. Deloris is to phone me on Saturday and promoted a possible alternate options via www.travelsavingsdollars.com1 . Copy of email received – 21st October 2016Vacation Package Purchase Confirmation Letter
Purchase Date: October 13, 2016Package Confirmation Number:(###) ###-####xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AustraliaEmail Address:***@******.***
Evening Phone:***********Day Phone: NoneDear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAre you ready to turn the ordinary holiday into an extraordinary adventure? You’re on your way, and the team at www.florida863.com is thrilled to have you as our guest. Thank you for the trust and confidence you have placed in our promotional holiday getaways, along with the additional benefits, incentives and family extras which will help enhance your overall travel experience and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Cut out Blab for this emailTo view a full package description and complete details of participation, please go to www.florida863.com. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at the appropriate number for your country listed below. Complete details of participation in offering provided by the sponsor.Here’s to your most magical adventure,Thank you for your purchase. Your next Dream Vacation is now only a phone call away!The Management & Staff
www.florida863.com,(###) ###-####(Direct Dial International Number)(###) ###-####(Toll Free)www.florida863.com is powered by Exploria Vacations, LC. Exploria Vacations, LC is registered with the State of Florida as Summer Bay Sales and Marketing, LC; Seller of Travel - Reg. No. ST39452.This advertising material is being used for the purpose of soliciting sales of a vacation ownership plan.WEB SEARCH CONCERNS INCLUDING AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT ALERTS
http://whocallsmeau.com/Number/0280155037
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/unexpected-winnings/travel-prize-scams
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/vip-travel-reservations-inc.html
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for this. No further action needed as I have received good advice from one of your colleagues. Thanks again Robert
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

No problem. Good luck!