Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am being threatened to be cut off from my monthly payments

Customer Question

I am being threatened to be cut off from my monthly payments from my ex husband due to our son (24 and lives with me) asking questions about his trust fund, which is one of many being sued by his great aunts at present. He found out that he was being sued, we asked a ton of questions and I was threatened to back out and that I'm after his money (I'm not, trust me on that). He and I went to meet with his 3 aunts, and their lawyer, to get answers and my son would like to settle with them, but has no access to nor was ever informed about the details of his trust. The lawyer told him who was the trustee (his aunt), and stated there was a window of time when he was 21 when she was to show him the trust and he would have the option to cash it out or leave it in trust. Don't know if that s true or not. Sorry. Hit send...
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kentucky. It's a huge case. John M. Griffin is his grandfather. He is appealing the March of this year judgment against him of over 500 million dollars.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have not, we just met to speak with the aunts.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, is it illegal for my ex husband to threaten to take away my payments because Joey is asking these questions and how do I defend myself against that?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: What am I paying for right now?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: I've used this before. Unless I'm good with the answer, I don't pay anything, right?
JA: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.
Customer: That's fine. My divorce was not handled in court, my payments aren't alimony, they are supposed to continue until me or my ex dies. He threatened to dissolve my son's trust also, but it's being sued, so how can he do that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

If your payments are not for alimony, what are the payments for?

Do you have a contract for the payments?

Thank you for your cooperation,