Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is there any laws or ordinances regarding street parking in

Customer Question

Is there any laws or ordinances regarding street parking in Pima County AZ
JA: Was a citation issued? Is there an upcoming court date?
Customer: No. The neighbors are concerned that with vehicles on street it may cause an issue with emergency vehicles ability to serve the community
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i have called the county asking for assistance. The curbs have been painted red for no parking and yellow for short terms parking (allowing cars to stop at mailbox for mail
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In Pima County, the only laws about parking would be that parking is not allowed in spaces designated by the city with no parking signs. But this is not the end of the issue. I am betting you are in a homeowner association or common ownership association area, which means there are subdivision association rules in addition to the local laws. A HOA rules can be much more restrictive than state or county or city laws. So if the association refuses to allow on street parking, they have the right to have such rules in that community and because buyers signed agreeing to abide by the community rules and bylaws they are bound to follow those rules even though the county law may not prohibit parking in normal areas on the street.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.