Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I sold a house 2 years ago. I owner financed it. they have

Customer Question

I sold a house 2 years ago. I owner financed it. they have not paid property taxes and they have bounced checks. there was a fire on the house, and the insurance is sending a check on both of our names. my question is. do they have the right to pick the contractor, or its my right to pick whoever i want. and i can foreclose on them since they have not paid property taxes ever? thank you
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: florida. no i have not filed anything
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to make sure that i know all my rights before i do something, or say something to them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
their intentions are to collect the check and fix the house themselves. im afraid that they will fix the house halfway take the $ and leave. we have our own contractor that we work all the time and trust.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.
Whoever has been paying the insurance would have authority to pick the contractor. Your contract with them should indicate whether you can foreclose for failure to pay property taxes

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.