LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I need to know how much information i should give to my

Customer Question

i need to know how much information i should give to my insurance company about an accident i was in oct11 .iwas at fault . the other party has a lawyer and says she was injured. i need to know if i should talk to geico and give them the info they want, dont know what to do please help
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just the state trooper report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a personal injury/accident attorney for more than 30 years.

You have the absolute obligation to fully cooperate with your own insurance company. They need your full cooperation to properly defend the claim against you. In fact, failure to cooperate is grounds for the insurance to deny the defense of your claim leaving you open to being sued and having to pay any judgment. So, cooperate fully with them providing them with all the information that they seek.

You don't want to talk with the other insurance company---for the injured party---at all though, or to their attorney unless your attorney is there with you. GEICO will get you an attorney of there is a lawsuit filed at no charge to you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Doug