Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I recently voluntarily repossessed my car to the lender. I

Customer Question

hi
I recently voluntarily repossessed my car to the lender. I called the company and gave all information to the location of the vehicle etc. I was told by one of the supervisors that I would receive a phone call from there company once the vehicle was picked up. approximately 30 days went by and I received a cert letter in the mail from a private towing company informing me that they had my vehicle. I had made numerous calls to the lender to inform them of everything. I was told by another supv that I would be responsible to the towing fees and repossession fees. The original supervisor is no longer working for the company but our conversation was documented and recorded. I would like to know how can I contest and have those extra fees removed?
thank you for your time and support
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

If they try to hold you liable for those fees and costs then you can sue them for breach of contract and subpoena the recordings to prove the lender agreed to take possession of the vehicle and never did. In other words, any loss was due to the misconduct of the lender's employee, not you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!