Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had both upper and lower partials made in March. The

Customer Question

I had both upper and lower partials made in March. The bottom was made incorrectly by the lab, but the dentist refused to have it remade, and tried more than 3 times to grind it down to fit over the bones in my mouth.
When that did not work they 'recommended'' that I have (excessive) surgery to remove the bones in my mouth.
The integrity of the bottom partial was so degraded at this point that on may 30th while eating pasta, the bottom partial cracked in 2 places and broke.
I placed several calls the following Monday and when got no response, called finally getting his assistant.
Never once was I asked to bring it in so they could look at it, instead I was lied to, was spoken to aggressively, rudely and she contradicted her own statements. Never letting me speak to the dentist.
I than sent a registered private letter which came back to me unaccepted. I than sent the same unopened letter to the dentist house which was also sent back to me.
When I posted a review about their unprofessional behavior I was threatened online in print.
I have no idea if the dentist is even aware of the situation, as his assistant has intercepted every attempt have made to speak to him.
Meanwhile they had maxed out our care credit to the tune of $8000.
Because I posted a review after not being able to either go in or talk to the dentist, the dental association peer review would not help me.
I need them to be held responsible for shody work, unethical behavior and forcing me to have unnecessary surgery instead of having the bottom partial remade.
Please help, I am so stressed out about the way this has been handled, I have never dealt with such unprofessionalism before.
Thank you,
Maryann Witters
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon Maryann,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge of just $5 more I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What lies were you told by the receptionist/assistant?

2. How was the integrity of the bottom partial degraded---through grinding down by the dentist?

3. Did the dentist have an on-site lab or send the work out?

4. What did you write in the registered letter?

5. How were you threatened by the dental office after your online review?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug