LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have a small claims judgement for $10,000 and it case has

Customer Question

I have a small claims judgement for $10,000 and it case has been appealed to superior court nov 18, 2016
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have a court date nov 18, 2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What information do you need? You have not asked a question yet.

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Hi Sylvia,

You can respond in this thread. It is not necessary to open a new question thread to respond to me. I closed the other thread so you are not charged more than once for your question.

You asked if you need an attorney to go to court for the small claims appeal.

No, legally you do not need an attorney, though under CA law you may hire an attorney for the appeal if you want to. The reality is that as a rule, if you won the case in small claims court, you will probably win in the appeal too---whether you have an attorney or not. But if you would be more comfortable having an attorney, by all means you may use one if you want.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug