Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a member of the SmithtownSenior Citizens organization.

Customer Question

I am a member of the SmithtownSenior Citizens organization. However, I need assistance getting to the Center and help with certain activities, I have an aide for which I pay $20 an hour. The Director will not allow my aide to enter the facility. Can she legally do this to a Senior who needs help? What are State Regulations regarding this/
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is the SmithtownSenior Citizens organization a private club and a tax exempt organization? Or is it a community organization open to all?

Doug