Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husband has his interview January 20th 2016 was giving a

Customer Question

My husband has his interview January 20th 2016 was giving a white paper AP have been waiting to this day no answer nothing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband lives in Banjul Gambia West Africa, I filed form I130 and his interview was in Senegal and after the interview he was giving white paper 221g says his papers has been sent for administrative processing. Now they say within sixty days it will be solved but papers just got to uscis in July and then nothing don't even know y he was not granted his visa nobody is saying anything but that is in process fustrating. Am planning to go be with him soon but need some answers before I leave the country. Some background this is my second marriage, and coincidence both has the same last name and they are definitely not related but in Affica some last name are common. Another I divorce less than a year marry and file for my husband and my husband too divorce and within two months we were married. Sent phone records and messages since 2011 pls help
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Interview was January 20th 2016
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I do not know what specific help you are requesting from us as the matter is now up to Immigration.

So can you please explain what assistance you need?

Also you say the name is ***** ***** did you apply for a visa for your first husband as well and then divorce in less than a year?

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I applied for visa for my first husband who shares same last name as my current husband "Kamara" and we divorced within a year coz it did not work. Am just asking for help like who do I call or what can I do to at least know the reason why his papers was sent to administrative processing coz I understand there is nothing I can do to make it go faster

Thank you for your reply.

That is what I thought the problem would be. They are investigating this for fraud or "sham marriage" because of the same name and because this is the second marriage visa applied for in a short time. So you need to make sure all of the divorce documents from your first marriage are submitted as well as his divorce documents. The USCIS is likely going to call you in for an interview as well to make sure you are not engaging in marriages to obtain visas for individuals to enter the US, because whenever there is a short term marriage where a visa was issued and then a second visa request is received shortly thereafter for another marriage, this causes USCIS to become suspicious of sham marriages. Those sham marriage investigations can take 12 months or even longer and you bear the burden of proving to them that this is a legitimate marriage before they will agree to issue the visa.