Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Gotten something similar to death threats from text.

Customer Question

Gotten something similar to death threats from text. Threatened to kidnap, rape, burn, torture me. Do I call the cops about it? Go into the police station and file out an incident report or maybe write one up and bring it to them. Im probably gonna have to kill this guy in self defense cause he claims hes actively trying to find me to do this. Im a taxi driver and this is a customer who didn't want to pay and made his fellow customers get out and it turned ugly when I sent him the text. "See you in court ;)" Im hoping by reporting maybe I won't get life imprisonment for defending my life.
JA: Have charges been filed in this matter? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No he just said this stuff via text few hours ago. Should I write up an incident report and should I file it with Seabrook the city I live or Houston the big city near me.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you think the person is serious, and not just mouthing off due to something like being drunk, then you definitely need to report this to the local police to establish that this person is threatening you and if it came to it, you would have the "paper trail" of reporting this to back any defensive actions you might be forced to take.

.

And you need to file it locally so it gets entered into their records. I would also file an incident report with the taxi service as well just to further document it.

.

.

thanks