Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife was on a trip with other people from work. As a

Customer Question

My wife was on a trip with other people from work. As a matter of fact it was a weekend retreat put up buy the owner of her company.While traveling on the New York through way they got into an auto mobile accident, where the driver of the van they were in ran into an already in progress accident. My wife was badly injured in the accident. Her liver was liver was damaged,her shoulder was broken ,her back was badly injured,she also had head injuries. Her injuries resulted in two shoulder surgeries,and two back surgeries. She now has a cage in her back to help support her back.She lost almost two years of work. They handled this through work mans comp. because it was on company time.She settled the work mans comp. case but was unhappy with the results. Can she now go after the insurance company of the driver or van owners. There were no seat belts in the van.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of your wife's injuries. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Was the operator of the van an employee of your wife's company?

Doug