Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

How can i get an eviction possession of my record. I just

Customer Question

How can i get an eviction possession of my record. I just recently moved to orlando from charlotte and I'm trying to find an apartment and every apartment keeps pulling up an eviction possession from 2013. I was never evicted nor have I ever been evicted but this on my record is preventing me from being able to lease an apartment.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I think the process was started but i paid the rent before the court date but its on my record as an eviction collection or something like that
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i think thats it
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Is this appearing on your credit reports? Or is it something else like a landlord / tenant network? In order to pursue this matter you really do need to know who is reporting this on you.

-

MARY

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It shows up on my rental history when apartment complexes try to get me approved for the lease. I spoke with the the leasing manager from my old complex today and she said that while i still paid rent for the month they still had to file the necessary paperwork back in 2013 or 2014.

Hello there --

-

I apologize for the delay -- I went offline last night for family reasons. Regarding your issue, you can straighten this out if you can get the former landlord to write a letter for you to send to the landlord and tenant reporting agency stating that all money was paid in full and that there was a mistake in it being reported to the agency. Unfortunately, the only way for this to be removed is for the party who originated the complaint to remove it or at least write a complimentary report in your favor. Other than that, they can only make the report for 7 years according to federal law and if it goes beyond that you can make a formal complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.

-

MARY

-

MARY