Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Divirced Friend for 20yrs says financial advisor oversaw my

Customer Question

Divirced Friend for 20yrs says financial advisor oversaw my retirement money. Helped put his 3 kids through college. He died in June how do I get my money back???
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify?

1) What state is this in?

2) What do you mean how to get the money back? Did the adviser WASTE the money? Or, it is still there but you want to know how to withdraw it?

3) Is the money in any kind of fund or stock option, etc? If so, what?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!