Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My daughter who is 18 and classified with mental illness and

Customer Question

My daughter who is 18 and classified with mental illness and learning disabilities is dating a 39 year old man ( I did not know, apparently the relationship was taking place at the pizzeria she worked at ) and she is now pregnant. He is married and has two children close to me daughters age. Is it legal for these two be involved and can this man and his wife take my child's baby should she decide to have it??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Does your daughter have a guardian of any kind? What state is this in? Thanks. Your answers will help me answer your question.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

New Expert here.

Does your daughter have a court appointed conservator or guardian of any kind?

Which State is this in?

Is this person her boss or just a co-worker?

Is this pizzeria part of a chain or just a single business?