MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My divorce was final in 6/30/2015. we filed no contest,

Customer Question

my divorce was final in 6/30/2015. we filed no contest, where i pay no alimony or child support. at the time we had debt in a consolidation company that it says in the decree i will pay, at the time the divorce was finalized 1 took 3 credit card accts out of the consolidation that were in my spouses name, the company that handled the consolidation has since gone out of business. the credit cards are in her name am i responsible to pay theses debts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You are still responsible to pay these debts pursuant to the agreement you made. If you fail to pay the debts, then she can take you back to court to enforce the divorce agreement.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.