Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm manufacturing a recyclable plastic cover for the bottom

Customer Question

I'm manufacturing a recyclable plastic cover for the bottom of women's purses. I have a suffocation warning on the outside of the box, and on the foil the cover is sealed in (like a condom type package). Do I need a warning label on the cover itself?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, in case the item is separated from the box itself, the warning label is best on the cover itself as a tag or at least a sticker as that would be visible to anyone getting the product who has discarded the box. You would use the same warning and it will protect you from claims of inadequate warning should your product be separated from the box or should the box become damaged and the box warning label is not visible. If people remove the tag or sticker, that is their problem, but at least you can defend yourself saying it was on the cover and you are not responsible for people who remove it without reading it.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.