Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I co signed on a loan using my property as collateral. The

Customer Question

I co signed on a loan using my property as collateral. The primary on loan filed
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Kentucky,
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The primary filed bankruptcy and the loan agency contacted me for payment I
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I started making payments but now the loan agency is threatening foreclosure. I have spoke to several representatives which has told me three different things. For one I did not know they had added escrow to the account. I just know they said I was behind so I added money to the payments to catch up. Then I was told to write a note saying I pay my own taxes an d insurance; that will solve the issue with escrow and the delinquent payments. The request was denied get threatening letters daily.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

1) You state "The primary on loan filed..." but then the sentence is cut off. Filed what?

2) What is your question here, i.e. what are you asking?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The primary on loan filed bankruptcy. The creditor started calling me and demanding payments. I started making the payments. Now the creditor is saying we are behind due to an added escrow to the account. I was told by James a rep at the
firm that all I need to do is send a request to delete escrow from the account. That request was denied. So now i am back to getting threatened with foreclosure daily.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I am feeling like this is a scam too. Everything I do I am asked for money when its supposed to be free advice
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.
Okay, so what are you asking, exactly? For example:
1) What are my options?
2) Can they foreclose on my property?
3) Does the fact that they bankrupted give me any advantage?
No, this is not a scam. However, this is not free. If you believed that this was a free website, let me know and I can send you to customer service.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What are my options
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It said free but then switched to a 5.00 refundable deposit plus 31.00
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Okay. I am going to send this to customer service to sort out and they can help you. They should reach out to you. My apologies for any misunderstanding. Once this is sorted out, I can answer your question in full if you still wish for me to do so.