Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I received a card concerning a Legal Notice against Wells

Customer Question

I received a card concerning a Legal Notice against Wells Fargo Bank for using text messages for overdrafts. What is this all about?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in MIdland, T
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: TX
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have only been sent this card. I closed my acct. with them about a 2 yrs. ago, for this very reason. This happens to my daughter all of the time. I have major issues with them concerning my mother's investments, which we have uncovered since my mother died this past December, but that is a whole other big issue.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I think you may be referring to the class action lawsuit against W.F. for violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) by using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or artificial or prerecorded voice to contact consumers on their cell phones.

If a person received a call or text message on your cell phone from Wells Fargo regarding an overdraft between April 21, 2011 and December 19, 2015, and the call or text was made using an automatic telephone dialing system and/or artificial or prerecorded voice, that person may be eligible to fall into that class action.

The notice tells you that you can exclude yourself from the settlement by December 16, 2016. If you exclude yourself, you will not be part of the settlement, but can still sue individually.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your answer. I do not need a membership. Will you cancel any membership & destroy my card number?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

JustAnswer experts do not handle billing, we only answer questions. However, I will be happy to pass on your request to customer service - no problem.

Please do not forget to rate. I do not get credit for my time with you unless you rate positively and submit your rating. Thanks!

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!