LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I would like to know, if you purchase a new car and give a

Customer Question

I would like to know, if you purchase a new car and give a trade in can the value amount they said the trade in is worth change after the contract is signed?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: filed where?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they inspected the car at the dealership.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. No, it should not. The only way it could change would be if there is language in the contract which was signed, that allows the dealer additional time for inspection and if something is revealed at that time, then the value can be adjusted. However, if that was the case, you should be able to decide at that time if you want to proceed with the deal or back out, since the terms and conditions would change, now that the value is less then originally thought of, which could effect the agreed upon price.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where would it say it on the contract?

There could be a clause any where in the contract, so you simply want to review it. It should be around where the trade in value is stated and mentioned, since this would be where it could be stated. However, the entire contract needs to be looked over, since they are always different.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!