Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I'm looking for some legal advice and/ or help, I'd rather

Customer Question

Hello, I'm looking for some legal advice and/ or help, I'd rather not post my question.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's about my home life that I need help with.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Take your time.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

*Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

*What have you tried on this front so far?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, there's a lot of stuff that's been happening over the past few years. I'd like to know how I can get a judge to emancipate me or how I can get a new home. I'm not a foster kid but my home life sucks. It's pretty bad.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

There is no legal process by which a minor may petition the court to become emancipated under OH law. However, your parents are abusive or neglecting you, you may be able to ask the court for emancipation indirectly. You would need to contact a family law attorney in OH to assist you further.

Please Note:

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.