DrakeLAW
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
89364048

I had a guy write a check for $50,000 as a down payment on a

Customer Question

I had a guy write a check for $50,000 as a down payment on a partnership about a year ago. spent 3 months trying to cash funds were not available. We finally spoke to him about 3 months later and he apologized and we did a new contract for $100,000. Now my wife voided the check to show good faith. Now he did not honor theck check and now again he is not honoring the contract what can we do/
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Well, if someone is breaching a contract, your remedy is to sue them. Or if mediate the dispute.

Do you have a written contract? Do you have any damages? That is, are you out any money as a result of his not honoring the check?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have a contract and we occured damages in the tune of $115,000 were being sued from athletes, streaming channel all for folding the showe. Werd mma promoters. We had to cancel the show 4 times because he did not come through with the money
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Then yes, if he is refusing, then I don't see that you have any option but to sue him unfortunately. Do you have any questions about doing that?