Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

MY QUESTION IS ABOUT AUTOMOBILE LEASING CAN YOU HELP ME,

Customer Question

MY QUESTION IS ABOUT AUTOMOBILE LEASING CAN YOU HELP ME
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: AUSTIN TEXAS
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: IT IS AN AUTOMOBILE LEASE AND THE INDIVIDUAL IS PAST DUE 3 PAYMENTSD ON HIS LEASE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HOW DO WE GET THE VEHICLE BACK THE LEASEE WONT GIVE THE VEHICLE UP
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the lessee will not return the vehicle, you need to locate the vehicle and can use a repossession company to take the vehicle wherever found. It is also against the law in Texas to conceal secured property from the lender and it can be a state jail felony See: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-32-33.html
Even though it is a lease the property is still secured property as the lease is secured by the vehicle. So if you cannot locate the vehicle to have it towed, you can report to the police for hindering secured property.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.