Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My husband's license has been suspended due to failure to

Customer Question

My husband's license has been suspended due to failure to set a court date for surchaaarges although he paid the surchrges. Is there anything we can do
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he was stopped by a police officer driving his 18 wheeler for work and suspended and told we could do nothing for 6 months
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: his ticket and warrent were dismissed
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How much longer
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if he has not set the court date for the surcharges, he has to now and go to the court or use a local attorney and get the court to issue an order that the license be reinstated and attach proof to DMV and appeal the suspension based on everything being paid up. That is all your husband can do and it is up to the court and DMV, and the police officer does not know the whole situation. Most cases if everything was paid on time and the court issues an order the DMV will lift the suspension.