Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

It was bought to me an airplane ticket in the wrong date of

Customer Question

It was bought to me an airplane ticket in the wrong date of departure, and I only discovered this when I was at the airport, ready to do the check in.
When I tried to reschedule this ticket for an earlier flight on the same day, the final amount I would have to pay would be way more than buying a new ticket, so, I took this second option, buying another one with another airline.
So, since I won’t use this ticket that was bought in the wrong way, I would like to know how American Airlines refund policy works, and how can I do to ask for a refund to this ticket that I haven’t used.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

Typically they will give you a credit for that ticket price for a future ticket and usually do not refund the amounts unfortunately. You will need to be persistent with customer service to get any traction with them.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi Asad Rahman

Thank you for your answer, but it was kinda incomplete.
You said that they will give me a credit for that ticket price, ok. But what am I supposed to do to get this credit? How should I proceed?

If you contact customer service they should be able to issue the credit. The airlines website would have correct phone number:
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Could you please, opt out?

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. I will be further assisting you with your post.

If you bought the ticket directly from American Airlines ("AA"), you can use this link to request for refund. Your request would be reviewed. If your request cannot be honored, AA may issue you a credit for another flight.

If you purchased the ticket through a travel agency, you would need to make the request for refund or credit through the travel agency.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi Phillips!

Do you think it would be an option to open up a dispute with my credit card?

Yes. You can request for the dispute to be reopened.

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi Phillips!

So, I didn't open any dispute yet, do you think If I do, will be a good option?

Yes, it would.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.

Hi Phillips,

Hopefully you are still here!
I'm about to open the dispute as I asked you previously, but I'm not prety sure of what should I say to open it.

Can you please tell me exactly what to do/say to do that?