Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have an alleged interest charge on my credit card account?

Customer Question

Hi i have an alleged interest charge on my credit card account?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Texas, 2 days back
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called the customer service but didnt get appropriate response
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me more about the situation.

1) What is the charge?

2) Have you disputed it yet?

3) What are you asking here, i.e. what is your question?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1. It an interest charge on my account.
2. I have talked to capital one customer service rep about the issue but didnt get any resolution from them
3. I paid my balance full on the due date but still I was charged an interest. When I asked the customer service rep regarding the charge, he replied to me saying that I didnt pay in full for the last month, so they charged me this month even though I paid full for this month.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Okay.
Is this a credit card, or, a debit card?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
credit card
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Okay.
What method do you use to make payment to the credit card? Do you have proof that the full amount was paid? Have you checked the history of your payments and does it reflect what you paid, or, what CO thinks you paid?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I use my bank account to pay my credit card balances. Yes i do have proof that i paid. I have the screenshot of my accounts payment history.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Did you send that screenshot to the agent, or not?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no they already had it on their computer
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Okay. Then if it shows that you paid in full on their screen, how can the agent justify that it was not paid in full>? What was their reasoning?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is what happened. my new balance generated on sep 21 for an amount of 87.86 which i had to pay on or before oct 18. i paid 200 dollars on oct 13, and also paid 25 dollars and 87.86 dollars on oct 18. But when the new statement generated on oct 21 shows an interest charged to my account 1.02. I call the agent and asked him why there is a charge eventhough i paid my balance in full . he says that in i didnt pay the full balance amount that was generated in august, so eeven though u paid full balance now, you will be charged for that months non payment.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
What someone in your situation wants to do is to send a short letter explaining what you just stated above to the following addresses:
Capital One
Attn: General Correspondence
PO Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT###-##-####
Capital One
Attn: Payment Investigations
PO Box 30287
Salt Lake City, UT###-##-####
The letter can end with one asking for the credit card company to use its discretion to WAIVE any alleged late fees this one time, given the situation, and that you have been a very good credit card customer to this point.
Likely, C.O. will use its discretion to waive the fees to keep you as a customer. It is also important to send a letter - calling normally will not have the same effect.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.