Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a 25 year old daughter who is loosing her medical

Customer Question

I have a 25 year old daughter who is loosing her medical insurance. SHe can use the services in San Antonio for free appointment and medications. THEY DO NOT PRESCRIBE XANEX. She has horrible anxiety and Xanex plays a big part in her treatment. Is it legal for me to have 2 psyc. One to prescribe her regular meds and one to prescribe her Xanex?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: We have been dealing with this since she was very young. Without going into alot of detail, she has a horrible life living with
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?
Customer: bipoloar and anxiety. THe Xanex helps a little but not that much but she still needs it because she has a hard enough time without it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It is legal for her to have two doctors, one for prescribing the Xanax and then the other who does not prescribe those medications. The non-prescribing doctor must be told up front what she is doing and must be aware that she is receiving treatment from another doctor and prescriptions from them. She also needs to go to the Healthcare Marketplace and sign up for insurance through them to seek to get coverage reinstated.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.