Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a neighbor that has been running a small portable gas

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a neighbor that has been running a small portable gas generator for a very long time. She does this because she did not pay her utility bill and I am assuming that the utility company locked and or took her meter. It is loud, it's been well over a year and I need to know if I have any rights Pomona NY 10970
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not by me, do not know about others
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it for now. No problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to notify the local building and code inspector to come out, since it is not legal to permanently run a house on a generator. It is up to the building inspector to come out and cite the owner. If they do not do so, your only remaining option is to file suit against the neighbor for creating a public nuisance for their noise violations and seek money damages and a court injunction to stop her from continuing to use the generator.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Got it , thank you
Thank you for your reply.