socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Or ms i purches a new vehicle when i went to pick it up i

Customer Question

sir or ms
i purches a new vehicle when i went to pick it up i was given a test drive by the salesman
he park the car a loud pop was made by left front door the dealer had to send the car to get repaired after about three days i went to the saleman and told him i didn't want the car because i felt the car was put togather hasly i'm a school train mechanic the saleman went and got the finance man and the finance man told me that the dealer gave him leadway to extend my maintenance warranty from 4 years to 7 years on the company discount the repairs just to find out leater that the finance man forged me and my wife name on the extended warranty and put it in the price of the car i found that out through the AG office do i have a case?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 month ago.

Forgery is a criminal felony offense, so that's something you would report to the county district attorney (aka state prosecutor's office). Fraud is the civil cause of action, and if you are damaged by the finance department's alleged fraudulent use of your and your spouse's name, then you can sue for the fraud and get damages for any loss suffered.

So, yes, you have a case, but whether or not that case will permit you to completely cancel the sales transaction would require a careful review of the sales contract, the extended warranty, and any finance agreement that you signed. It's a complex analysis for a competent lawyer in your locale -- not something that can be done here at Justanswer.

If you need a link to a reputable lawyer referral service, please let me know that my answer is helpful and I will be happy to provide that information.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!