Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I awarded SSDI last month the only thing is l was given the

Customer Question

I awarded SSDI last month the only thing is l was given the amount l would have gotten l had applied at age 62. I always planned to work until age 66. I become disabled in November of last year.I had a severe eye bleed and was rendered unable to drive. I could not work. I had worked for 48 years and l made very good money. I learned that the amount given to me is the same most people received who worked at my company and simply retired and applied at age 62. I was told that l would receive the same amount l would have gotten at 66 if won my disabiltly case. I have 2 days to appeal. Someone told me, why that's more than most. I appreciate that, but l worked extremley hard all my life and now am responsible for my 87 year old mom. I need amount promised me. Please help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us, please be aware state law forbids us from representing any customer of this site?