Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Im a trash truck driver that works alone. no union. i was

Customer Question

im a trash truck driver that works alone. no union. i was promised a one man pay 5 years ago. my superviser and manager said they stoped the one man pay 3 years ago. i been with the company for 11 years. there are 4 drivers that do rear load commercial routes. 3 of us get $250.00 a day. i get $194.00 a day. is there any legal thing that i can do to fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Here you can file with EEOC , this is wage discrimination.

The Equal Pay Act requires that men and women in the same workplace be given equal pay for equal work. The jobs need not be identical, but they must be substantially equal. Job content (not job titles) determines whether jobs are substantially equal. All forms of pay are covered by this law, including salary, overtime pay, bonuses, stock options, profit sharing and bonus plans, life insurance, vacation and holiday pay, cleaning or gasoline allowances, hotel accommodations, reimbursement for travel expenses, and benefits. If there is an inequality in wages between men and women, employers may not reduce the wages of either sex to equalize their pay.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

This amounts to wage discrimination.File your complaint and have this investigated.You may be due back pay and a raise.

I appreciate the chance to help , sorry they have done this to you.I hope you will file and seek some justice.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is always much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i can't thank you enough. i will do these things. and GODS willing everything will work out. thank you again
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Take care and the best.If you can rate I really appreicate it here.