Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Father passed away last Thursday as a single man. ex spouse

Customer Question

father passed away last Thursday as a single man. ex spouse brought an old 15 yr will in claiming everything is hers. There was no other will. is this valid. I am located in AZ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Waiting on death certificate autoposy performed since it was sudden and he was only 55
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he was single, the WILL IS INVALID AND WAS INVALIDATED BY THEIR DIVORCE under AZ law. You need to lock the house down and you need to get a local attorney immediately and file for probate and an injunction against this woman from trying to assert this now invalid will. Under AZ law any will bequest to a former spouse is invalidated automatically by divorce. See: Ariz.Rev.Stat. Ann. section 14-2804