Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I know this is not the venue for my entire story but I was

Customer Question

Good morning. I know this is not the venue for my entire story but I was arrested for returning to a parking lot to retrieve cell phone that feel off roof of car. I used a find you phone app on my tablet.. I was 10 feet off 10 mile and Dequindre into what looked like a construction zone, not at all like the area I was asked to leave from. Taken to Hazel Park police spent 5 hours in cell because officer would not allow my wallet to be taken from my towed vehicle. I was bonded out 5 hours later by my girlfriend who is 2 minutes retrieved my damaged cell phone.
I had arraignment Friday, pled not guilty and pre trial conference is set for 11/3 10 am.
Haven't I been through enough? They took $350 bond, cost me$250 to get car, and miraculously phone works but badly damaged and must use as is. What more can be done for being in a open fenced concrete area no where building I was asked to leave. For this little incident, can't they take their $350, fact I spent night in jail and be done with it? No one was hurt, I was not rude. I went back to a lot not knowing what is was for less than 5 minutes. Isn't $350 and a night in jail more than adequate if never ever return? Thank you. **** ********.(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What were you actually charged with...trespassing?

.

Were you told to leave by the owner or his agent prior to being arrested?

.

Do you have any prior criminal record?

.

What is your legal question that I can help with this morning?

.

.

thanks