LawyerDavid
LawyerDavid, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

Got into anguremenet with neighbor and he threat me with

Customer Question

got into anguremenet with neighbor and he threat me with cps . i told him go ahead i am have nothing wrong .. 4 day latercps showd up they stated neighbor called stating i lesve my kids alone .. thry wantef to see kids i said no and your not welcome i either . dhe left and csme back woth police i dtill ststed thr same thing also told her i am a stay st home mom and dont drive and still feind acess to my home snd kids .she ststed she will get a court order... whst happens next????
Expert:  LawyerDavid replied 5 months ago.

Hello Soraya: I am not sure I understand your statement entirely, but in short it looks like CPS showed up at your home to see the kids, you denied them access, and then they returned with the police and you denied them access again. They then appear to have stated that they will get a court order to see your kids. If they show up again with a court order they will be able to enter your home without your permission. You will want to make sure your kids are safe and everything is in order within your home. As for CPS, I am not sure why you would not allow them to see your children. If they are being taken care of which I am sure they are and the neighbor is just being a jerk they would have thanked you and left. Your not cooperating has gotten the police and now the court system involved and I would suggest you cooperate from now on with the authorities unless you have something that you are concerned with. I hope this helps you! David

Also, since I am not sure I understood your question entirely, I am going to offer you a phone call so we can discuss the situation in more detail. Thanks, David

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was told about the Fourth Amendment right that if you let CPS in your house that would be a big mistake I have nothing to hide there going by a neighbor phone call allegations they have no proof of nothing

You have the constitutional right to keep them out of your house, but this will make them think you are hiding something and will seek a court order to enter. I really think everything will be fine even if they get a court order, but I would not try to interfere with them if they get a court order to enter and see your kids. I would also not hesitate to let CPS see my kids in the future either. They are there to protect children and do not want to try and harm families. Good luck with everything. David

One more note, if CPS really does get a court order or if they come back to your home, I would discuss with them the fact your neighbor appears to have filed a false report with them and needs to be held accountable for this which they will assist you with if they agree. Thanks, David