Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am the trustee and beneficiary of the Trust of my deceased

Customer Question

I am the trustee and beneficiary of the Trust of my deceased partner who died 2/1/02. The last piece of business I have is to get an escrow account check dated in 2004 in the name of the deceased reissued in my name. It was sent to me after I re-financed our home. I have the original check. I contacted Citimortgage Research services, providing 1) official death certificate; 2)copy of the Will 3) copy of the check. They contacted me back asking for a small estates declaration. I sent it---a "Affidavit" "to comply with California Probate Code 13100-13115" notarized and faxed on August 15th. I heard nothing. I sent two further letters by snail mail asking for communication. I have heard nothing. I think they are trying to ignore me or force me to get an attorney?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean --filed or reported?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I gave full details in my original typed text to you I think.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Why does this not surprise me at all. Who is the lender that you has the escrow money?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

If you can tell me the name I can provide information on how to contact the corporate office. Further, this is a consumer protection issue so you will want to file complaints with the State Attorney General the Federal Trade Commission as well as the cfpb.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/#mortgage

One moment for the other links. Can you tell me the county in California?