Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a contract question, No, it's a "personal loan"

Customer Question

Good evening
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a contract question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, it's a "personal loan" contract
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a couple of documents I'd like reviewed and suggestions on how to proceed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

This is attorney Bill looking into your question today.

This would be a premium service to review your documents.

How many documents do you have ?

This can take place over a private forum.

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a personal loan contract for a vehicle (which I would like someone to look at) - the payments are due by the 5th of each month, 1st payment was due on 10/5; it was paid on 10/3. The contract states "VS" (me) will be responsible for fully insuring the vehicle, which payment of $65.65 monthly will be sent to CJ at WPCU, routing # XX, account # XXX, beginning 8/15/16. The first insurance pmt was returned due to bank error (I have doc from bank); however, was taken care of on 8/19. The second insurance pmt was made 9/13. Oct's insurance pmt was wire transferred on 10/14 via internet, a successful confirmation was received at 0542; at 2:42pm I received notification that the wire had been returned to me. Around 3:30, I went to the bank, the relationship manager at the bank completed another wire transfer, it was successful per the banks "Funds Transfer Request Authorization". 10/18, I received another "return notification. Yesterday and today I spent hours at my bank trying to figure out the reason for the return. My banks relationship manager and I spoke to a supervisor at WPCU and was told the reason the wire returned was because "the account at WPCU does not display CJ as the account holder which resulted in the wire being declined". The supervisor provided me something in writing. As of now, the $65.65 for her auto pmt has not been made due to the above.Note:
#1.) My auto pmt (which only one has been due thus far) was made 10/3 (due 10/5)
#2.) I have my own "non-owner's" auto policy which covers me 100% in anything I drive (which I've had for a couple of yrs)
#3.) The contract CJ and I signed was altered by her unbeknownst to meI would like to know -
#1.) Because the $65.65 auto ins pmt hasn't been made, am I in default of the contract?
#2.) Can she terminate the contract?
#3.) What can I do to protect my "rights"/ensure ownership?
#4.) How can I get a contract drawn to protect my rights/ownership, etc?I have .pdfs of all documents.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My pmt info is the same as I initially used
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would rather have a conversation; please call me as requested.