Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I drive a car that's not registered to me,I found out today

Customer Question

Hi I drive a car that's not registered to me,I found out today that the place where I stay want everyone to provide the year Color make and plate number of they car but the car is not registered to me but it is my car.will I be able to get a resident parking sticker and why do there need my plate number is ***** to take it to the registry or police to see who the car belongs to I live in Massachusetts I can not of ford to register the car in my name so my family member lent me they car since she wasn't using it
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.
I do not think you should be concerned here. They take the license plates so they can ensure only your car is allowed in the parking areas and not a similar make and model.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand the answer will they allow me to get a residence sticker with out the car Bieng registered in my name will they run the plate to see who the car belongs to
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Iam not satisfied I need more detail but you didn't not write me back
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you text back please
I do not they will run plates for purposes of ownership. It is just their way of identifying your car. My congestion would be to get some sort of documentation from your relative who is the owner of the consent to your use.
Not congestion. "Suggestion"