N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

Please see Google doc for entire question: Thanks!

Customer Question

Please see Google doc for entire question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/171TsS2ApHPAObVqL0zW1wfVobU2tkzqiQHjsaZAkiZ0/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know how this got into the Tutor section as it should be reviewed by a Lawyer. Thanks!
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.

USCIS says:

"If you plan on being absent from the United States for longer than a year, it is advisable to first apply for a reentry permit on Form I-131. Obtaining a reentry permit prior to leaving the United States allows a permanent or conditional permanent resident to apply for admission into the United States during the permit’s validity without the need to obtain a returning resident visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. Please note that it does not guarantee entry into the United States upon your return as you must first be determined to be admissible; however, it will assist you in establishing your intention to permanently reside in the United States. For more information, see the “Travel Documents” page."

from

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

I hope this information is helpful.