Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

To whom it May Concern; I have been harassed and threaten to

Customer Question

To whom it May Concern;
I have been harassed and threaten to be taken to court if I don't settle an account from 2007 that under my records is been paid off. the student loan with Citibank appears on my credit report as charge off back in 2007 but it remained in my credit report until last year when I hire a company, Lexington Law, to clean my credit. in the last 3 days a company Orion Law group have been calling me every 10 minutes under their Trovar Consulting Firm who bought this account.
I need a lawyer that help me to represent me
Greetings,
Cristina Godoy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Hello Cristina:

1. To dispute inaccuracies on your credit reports, you will need to send the three credit bureaus a dispute letter such as this one. They will then investigate the matter and correct the report if the creditor is not able to prove up the claim. This usually takes about 30-45 days.

2. With respect to Orion and Trovar, you can get them to stop harassing you by sending them a debt verification letter and a no contact letter.

3. If they sue you for the debt, then you may need to hire a FDCPA attorney to defend you.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.