P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I am the V.P. of our condo HOA, and have had access to the

Customer Question

I am the V.P. of our condo HOA, and have had access to the other units for different projects, have had an issue with one homeowner on gaining access to his unit, and now he has said something to another owner, and that owner has requested that I not to be allowed into his unit, even though I was allowed access two weeks ago.. The master deed specifies that board members have access when needed. What can I do, I'm sure something negative has been said concerning me.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to know if you can enforce the bylaws of the HOA?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am trying to find out if I can sue for slander.

Thanks. Perhaps...slander is a form of defamation.

Defamation of character is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim.

If someone lied about you and that lie harmed your reputation? You can sue the person who lied for defamation.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil