KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

What is your advice on back taxes owed due to no return

Customer Question

What is your advice on back taxes owed due to no return filed? I was not living in NYS for the 4 years prior to the judgement filing and was not aware I even owed the amount as I haven't lived in NY since 2007.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NYS filed a judgement on April 2013 but I am just finding out today as a result of a security clearance investigation
JA: What are the exact charges, and where does the matter stand as of now?
Customer: $16.344 and I have no idea, I just found this out 10 mins ago
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I live amd work overseas for the last 7 years
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The first thing you have to do is find out exactly why the taxes were assessed in order to properly challenge the tax warrant and lien. If you just found out through a security clearance investigation, you would not have enough information, just that it exists. Since you received no letter and do have your warrant notice, you need to call(###) ###-####so that you can figure out exactly why the levy and warrant is in effect. They will be able to give you the reasons why it was issued. It will be impossible to properly help you without that information.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

If you have any other questions just ask.