LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My employer has hired a off duty police officer to sit in

Customer Question

My employer has hired a off duty police officer to sit in his car by one of several doors due to a "employee concern" but that is all we are being told. I would like to know who they think might be a threat and have a picture of the person in case he/she is seen in or around the building. What are my rights? I live in Florida.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can speak with the doctor and advise him/her about your concern and your desire to be aware, if there is a chance that you could be a potential target/victim. I say this because if they have concerns about a specific person, not just general security, you would have a right to be told and informed if someone has made threats against you, so you could take precaution, as well. It really needs to be known if this is a general or specific threat and/or to the entire office or one person. That was, additional safeguards and protection can be taken.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why would I speak to a doctor about this? If for example it is a spouse of an employee that is making threats to that individual person does that employee have the right to privacy? Is that why we are not being given information?

You would speak with the doctor about this, since you share they are the ones that hired the off duty police office and are aware and concerned about the an employee concern. The doctor can share with you if it involves you or if you are a target, to at least calm some concerns. If it does involve someone else, that can simply share it does not involve you

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.