How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 115495
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im being sued in the township in which I live for non

Customer Question

Im being sued in the township in which I live for non compliance of the "OLDS" I need to file a response with the court of common please. is there anywhere online I can find a form?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I was served on September 29 with the legal action to sue me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have complied with the ordinance and have the paperwork to prove that. I was late in complying
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to respond in writing to the court of common please and need a form in which to do that in Lancaster County Pa
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that PA does not make actual forms available for filing an "answer" to a complaint in court.
However, it is really not complicated nor is a online form necessary. The format of your "Answer" is the same as the complaint you received. The court name and location at the top center of your page, the case names on the left side and case number ***** right side and the title centered under that as "Answer."
Then you list each numbered paragraph from the complaint itself and answer ONLY, "Admit" or "Deny" or "Insufficient information to form a reasonable belief to the matters asserted in this paragraph and leave Plaintiff to their proof thereof." Then once you answer each numbered paragraph that way, you can list your "Defenses" to the allegations, which you keep very short and no long explanations. You sign it and have it notarized.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!
Do I then just go to the court house and file it?
What department?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you file it with the clerk of court's office and mail a copy to the attorney listed on the suit representing the Plaintiff.