Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Got a judgment today from discover card how before they can

Customer Question

got a judgment today from discover card how long before they can have the sheriff come seas my car motercycle ect im planning to file chapter 7 butt in a few weeks to get the money how long does it take and will they informe me ahead of time i live in minnesota
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Here ot likely takes them at minimum month to six weeks here for them to pursue the judgment.Usually they file a debtor exam and ask you about assets.Then the proceed to garnish accounts, seek sheriffs sale of non exempt property.I think you are pretty safe here until after the debtor exam.Make sure you either attend the exam or file Chapter 7 here.You will receive service notice here of any debtor exam.This is likely the next step in any pursuit of collection of the judgment here in Minnesota.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

I can do unlimited chat online not yet set up for calls.I sent you an offer to continue here.